Computing is part of everything we do. It plays a major role in:
- Building self-driving cars.
- Creating new tools for sharing our lives with those around us.
- Designing planes that cross oceans in a single bound.
- Developing immersive computer games.
- Discovering new medicines.
- Growing better food.
- Inventing robots that can go places no human can survive.
- Producing the latest Hollywood spectacle.
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology will equip you with the know-how, tools and experience to use computers – from tiny personal devices, such as smart watches, to large computing systems comprising tens of thousands of machines – to find innovative solutions to world’s problems.
Computer Science opens the door to a variety of lucrative careers. Computers are here to stay and our reliance upon computing will only increase. Armed with a degree in Computer Science, you will be well-placed to take advantage of this trend. Typical career trajectories for Computer Science students include:
- software powerhouses, such as Google, Apple and Facebook
- financial institutions, such as banks and hedge funds
- medical research
- engineering, automotive and mining companies
- robotics and aeronautical companies
- graduate school