The Career Centre facilitates the process of finding you a suitable position with prospective co-op employers. Jobs are posted on the Career Centre portal and students are to apply to any positions of interest. We manage a competitive employment process where:
- Interested companies and agencies post jobs for students.
- Interested students apply to those posted co-op jobs by the application deadline.
- Selected candidates are interviewed by the employer.
- Successful students chosen for employment.
Steps in the hiring process
- Job descriptions are submitted by employers and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org where they are then posted on the Career Centre portal.
- You can review the job postings and apply to those positions you are interested in. Application instructions are noted on each individual posting.
- Applications should include a cover letter, resumé, and a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Employers review the applications and decide who they would like to interview.
- Interviews are arranged for selected students. For the most part, interviews are held on campus or by telephone, but some may be arranged at the company site.
- At the conclusion of the interviews, employers choose the students they wish to hire. If you are selected, you normally have 48 hours from the notification of the job offer to accept or decline the offer. Once a job offer is accepted verbally or in writing, you are bound to fulfill the employment you have agreed to, and are removed from the pool of available students for that term.