CAFCE lists the following benefits to students who participate in co-operative education programs:
- A well-rounded education, enriched by practical application of classroom learning;
- Documented practical experience, a résumé, job search skills and a network of contacts upon graduation;
- Financial remuneration which help to offset educational costs;
- Maturity and self-esteem as productive members of the work force as well as confidence and skills developed through working with others;
- Opportunities to gain relevant employment skills and realistic expectations of the work force before graduation; and
- Opportunities to test and gain broader understanding of career options, often in a variety of employment settings.