Ecosystem Health focuses on:
- Determining the implications of external toxicants on the health of ecosystems.
- Discovering indicators for environmental problems.
- Developing methods to lessen human exposure to toxicants.
- Investigating environmental microbiology.
- Determining the micro- and macro-environmental factors causing disease.
In addition, researchers in the program will investigate related areas such as environmental microbiology, the pathophysiology of environmental disorders and the micro- and macro-environmental factors causing cancer. Research in this field will focus on specific environmental problems and develop solutions that will benefit Canadians.
- Dr. Caroline Barakat-Haddad, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS)
- Dr. Julia Green-Johnson, Associate Professor, Faculty of Science (FSci)
- Dr. Douglas Holdway, Professor and Tier I Canada Research Chair in Aquatic Toxicology, FSci
- Dr. Holly Jones-Taggart, Associate Dean, FHS
- Dr. Andrea Kirkwood, Associate Professor, FSci
- Dr. Janice Strap, Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director, FSci