Biomolecular Science focuses on:
- Using molecular, cellular and chemical tools to investigate mechanisms of cell function.
- Novel drug discovery and synthesis, drug formulation and site-specific drug delivery.
- Designing biomaterials and bio-based products.
- The mechanisms of action of pharmaceuticals at the cellular and molecular level.
- The molecular and cellular aspects of the immune system in response to pathogenic and non-pathogenic micro-organisms.
- Characterization of biomolecular interactions.
Students achieve these goals through the use of biological and chemical research methods.
- Dr. Yuri Bolshan, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science (FSci)
- Dr. Dario Bonetta, Associate Professor, FSci
- Dr. Jean-Paul Desaulniers, Associate Professor and Undergraduate Program Director, FSci
- Dr. Brad Easton, Associate Professor, FSci
- Dr. Sean Forrester, Associate Professor, FSci
- Dr. Julia Green-Johnson, Associate Professor, FSci
- Dr. Douglas Holdway, Professor and Tier I Canada Research Chair in Aquatic Toxicology, FSci
- Dr. Holly Jones-Taggart, Associate Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Dr. Andrea Kirkwood, Associate Professor, FSci
- Dr. Deborah Saucier, Provost and Vice-President, Academic
- Dr. Janice Strap, Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director, FSci